Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SlickstaGTT

/call 911 is not working for me

Question

was bleeding out on the sidewalk after getting attacked by a gang for i dont know what (also after barely bumping into my bike and the thing flipping over twice and catching on fire for NO reason at all) and tried calling for help but it wasnt working. i had already had a incident where i had to /respawn for this same reason earlier on when hiking over the mountains and got attacked by a wild cat and /call 911 didnt work then. tried reloading into the server between times and apparently /call 911 was still not working, my outgoing call wasnt even showing up in my chat log or anything. i dunno if its me or if its something with FiveM or the server, but i saw 4 or 5 times an ambo passed right by me beside the store by the car wash, just laying there on the sidewalk waiting for someone to come... i waited till the afk timer ended and i closed FiveM and uninstalled... Help chat was absolutely no help either as everyone wanted to be a smartass about the issue... and on top of it all, my character that i had before has been deleted so i was having to start all over again... so yea... great

21 answers to this question

We can't help you with the amount of information you've given us... We need the phone number/Character ID, account name, general times this happened, etc. if you want us to help you... Additionally, I would like to note that exiting from the server to avoid a /respawn and losing items (and money) is considered combat logging, even if you just didn't feel like paying the respawn fee again.

@nicktrick92

He was referring to when you were 10-13'd in Paleto. He was also complaining about it in help chat and myself and @Squitten both told the man to either respawn or wait because Emergency Services can get very busy at times. He chose to ignore both of us and quit.

So in short, Slick, Your 911 isn't broken. You're just impatient and refused to listen to us in help chat when we tried explaining what was happening so you'll just get the same explanation here.

Basically What Steven said I was watching what Steven proclaimed go down in the help chat. He was told all emergency services were busy. 

Just because someone doesnt answer your call doesnt mean its broken. Its not a fully staffed 30+ Department (on at one time) with a dedicated dispatch. If they dont answer either take the helicopter back (as @Squitten said to do in help chat) or sit there and dont complain on help chat. Simple. 

He is saying that 911 was broken to him. He tried to call and even asked me the proper code for calling /call 911. He was getting nothing on his screen that he was even calling as well as no answers both time he was down. So he was confused if it was working. Which I don't think it was either. He had the ambulance pass him several times my guess looking for him due to CAD alerts. Anyways he didn't combat log either as stated he timed out for laying there waiting so long. When he says losing his character he is saying he is returning from a long break and back then they had reset all characters so I think u have to request for it to be reactivated. I hope you guys can understand his frustration. I'm not try to take up for him I'm sure he could of acted impatient as he had to wait long periods of time for help on 2 occasions as well as being rather new to the server. 

31 minutes ago, Alexus Nightingale said:

I hope you guys can understand his frustration. I'm not try to take up for him I'm sure he could of acted impatient as he had to wait long periods of time for help on 2 occasions as well as being rather new to the server. 

Ok that is understandable. But there is no need to call everyone a smartass about it either. There isnt really anything that can be done unless he provides clips of what happens when he tried to call and perhaps the time it happened so devs can look at logs.. Like you said with him being rather new to the server it sounds like he just doesnt understand how the calling works and the LEO were all busy at that moment. It just doesnt make sense that calling 911 would only be broken for him and not other people. 

Yeah I understand. I just know that He came to me asking me about the 911 and I was kinda busy at the moment in blender so wasn't able to offer him much help either so he was getting frustrated (imo). He told me what was going on and from his description it did seem that it was not working on his end. He wasn't getting any sort of wording on screen like we normally do when we call at least letting us know its going through. So, that is what gave the impression. 

I've personally been having issues with 911 myself as an LEO. People will bleet out all the time how we hang up on them etc. When in fact we don't.. it stops working. Even @Pinkerchu can confirm that. I was on a call with her that wasn't even 911 and some how we were disconnected she didn't get any of my messages after a few, we didn't hang up and so we had to finish our RP in PMs. 

This happens in 911 calls as well. Some may not be aware of it being broken and think we're just ignoring them ;) I guess I could be at fault with this too because i noticed this issue for past few months and i haven't put in a bug report on it.

Not being able to make a call and having it disconnect probably arent connected (I've had it "disconnect" once also after not sending anything for 5+ min) but who knows.. 

If you can @SlickstaGTT next time you need to call 911 record it and share what happens if its still not working for you. 

8 minutes ago, Alexus Nightingale said:

Yeah I understand. I just know that He came to me asking me about the 911 and I was kinda busy at the moment in blender so wasn't able to offer him much help either so he was getting frustrated (imo). He told me what was going on and from his description it did seem that it was not working on his end. He wasn't getting any sort of wording on screen like we normally do when we call at least letting us know its going through. So, that is what gave the impression. 

I've personally been having issues with 911 myself as an LEO. People will bleet out all the time how we hang up on them etc. When in fact we don't.. it stops working. Even @Pinkerchu can confirm that. I was on a call with her that wasn't even 911 and some how we were disconnected she didn't get any of my messages after a few, we didn't hang up and so we had to finish our RP in PMs. 

This happens in 911 calls as well. Some may not be aware of it being broken and think we're just ignoring them ;) I guess I could be at fault with this too because i noticed this issue for past few months and i haven't put in a bug report on it.

I think probably 60% of the 911/311 calls I make on civ do not get dropped, but about 90% of the 911/311 calls I take on ems DO get dropped.

i explained exactly as was going on, when i did make my call using /call 911, nothing showed up in my chat at the top left of the screen, i did patiently wait as it did seem there was an incident a couple blocks away and i noticed an ambo going directly by my location 4 or 5 times (even trying to use voice chat to call for help as they passed)... i tried local OOC even to see if anyone was close by that could help me with getting a call to go through but no response there. yes, i did say that people were being smart with me when i got into help chat as i explained it wasnt working, not that i was just flat out getting ignored. i dont know what else i could have told them other than "ITS NOT WORKING" to of gotten help with the issue.

and no, as Alei said, i didnt combat log, i waited out my time patiently till the game kicked me for inactivity

as far as the missing account, i think it has something to do with my steam name change as ive seen some posts about that after posting this. 

its been prolly about 6 or so months since ive been on the server, ive pretty much been done with RP and was just giving it a go again just to see if i was ready to come back to it. i pretty much feel like i was attacked as not knowing what i was talking about and just deleted FiveM from my system after deciding i was just for sure done with RP for the time being. 

@Steven Holliday @Pinkerchu @nicktrick92

also, i mentioned knocking over my motorcycle and it flipping 2 times and then catching fire. so very unrealistic when i all did was bump into it with my char as i was walking to it to get on. the bike wasnt even damaged previously so how could that be a thing?

and as far as my previous names/account steam name was OoDemoniXoO or Hans DemoniX (as used at the time of being on the server previously)
char name was Brett Nightingale (i think 2 T's in the name at least, maybe 1) 

second char i really didnt care anything about but Brett is one i would like back if possible as im going to try and give this another try as maybe i did act too quickly based on the issues.

edit: so, tried to change names on steam to see if i could recover Brett that way but no go, changed my steam name again to NIX and couldnt even get on Nick that i had created under steam name Hans DemoniX... i dont get why steam names matter when everything requires us to log into our forum account to be able to get on the server. 

quite litterally just now and in the last 3 min i sent this (/call 911 i just got in a wreck, im trapped in my car and i think its leaking gas) and its not coming up in my chat as if its sent and im not getting any response from StrykZ (who im assuming is still Leo?)

account 137603

@StrykZ

46 minutes ago, SlickstaGTT said:

quite litterally just now and in the last 3 min i sent this (/call 911 i just got in a wreck, im trapped in my car and i think its leaking gas) and its not coming up in my chat as if its sent and im not getting any response from StrykZ (who im assuming is still Leo?)

account 137603

@StrykZ

Being on the server, doesnt necessarily mean i'm on my cop character.

Also, if you press X and look at the top right of the menu, you will see if there are any LEO or EMS online or not.

Even if cops and EMS are both on duty, they might not be able to assist you when you call. Most of the time they do respond, but they don't have enough resources to answer every call that comes in.  Worst case scenario is you have to /respawn, which many refer to as "taking the local helicopter."

If your unable to get any answer on 911 after calling 2-3 times (not spamming it tho, give it a few) then Police/EMS is either busy with something or no one in on duty, you can go ahead and /respawn. Its not against the rules to /respawn, if its not in a middle of a RP situation.

27 minutes ago, Traxx said:

If your unable to get any answer on 911 after calling 2-3 times (not spamming it tho, give it a few) then Police/EMS is either busy with something or no one in on duty, you can go ahead and /respawn. Its not against the rules to /respawn, if its not in a middle of a RP situation.

What's considered spamming? I normally don't call more than once as I don't want anyone thinking I'm impatient.

2-3 times is ok in what time frame?

I would say like 5 minutes. Spamming i mean like trying /call 911 2-3 times or more in one minute.

Also be in mind that EMS might respond to you without you calling 911. Usually roleplayed as locals calling 911 for EMS, for you. So just because we dont answer 911, there might be a EMS still heading your way depending how "hot" the server is. Just look at the player list in the top right corner and you'll see if EMS is on duty or not, if the EMS icon is red/green.

9 hours ago, Gassy said:

Even if cops and EMS are both on duty, they might not be able to assist you when you call. Most of the time they do respond, but they don't have enough resources to answer every call that comes in.  Worst case scenario is you have to /respawn, which many refer to as "taking the local helicopter."

my issue isnt the lack of responce, its that my calls dont go out at all. 

@StrykZ i seen your name on the server list, i didnt pay attention to if the police button was lit up or not

@Gassy @Traxx telling me to /respawn is beyond the point, i was trying to point out a time that /call 911 DIDNT WORK so they could look up the issue, but my only point of contact that would have been on the server at the time wasnt even on his LEO char to of received the call anyways so it was a failed attempt.... im really getting annoyed with everyone trying to tell me what i should do when its not the point of this whole post! i dont want to get charged $5000 every time i possibly get hurt (yes i know it gets charged as dept to the state and welfare will pay it off over time) when in most cases i should be able to call for help, but when that call for help doesnt go through for me ever, then whats the point of having leo's or ems around.

Ok, lets rewind and go back to the question.

For anyone to be able to help you when this happened could you please provide a little more information.

First of all your character ID, timestamp and date when it happened and also if you could provide info if this have happened again since it did last.

last happening was bout 12/13 hours ago on this account 137603, i forget the name as it was just quickly made since i changed my steam name and couldnt get on the other account from the other day. the other incident was on Nick Brook just before the time of this post being made.

there were 2 occations on Nick that i tried to use /call 911 and it didnt work/go through as i assume anyways since i didnt see my call in my chat log at the top left of my screen like it used to when i was on the servers before. also last night i had an incident under the other name i created due to the servers being tied to our steam names where i was hurt and well, one, there wasnt any cops or ems on the server (i had assumed that StrykZ was possibly on his LEO char at the time) but also at that time i tried using /call 911 and again nothing shows up in my chat as previous times. it appears to me that /call 911 isnt working and that my calls arent going through. 

thats all the info i can really give ya as far as time and account used. the issue flat out is that /call 911 isnt working for me on these 3 events when i was knocked out and needing it. there was another event before those that i cant remember where my trash truck blew up on me but i couldnt tell you when that was. 

• About us

Evol PC Gaming is a PC gaming community, well known for our State of Emergency GTA V RP server.  We are a community of players from all around the world and that also play pretty much whatever game others are down for.  

Advanced Simulation Products is a part of EPCG.  A.S.P. focuses on making game controllers for PC simulation games, specifically for different game genres.  You can customize your box by adding features such as a CB mic, back lighting, button/switch labeling, purchase different labeled faces to swap out for different games. Visit AdvancedSimulationProducts.com for more info.

Get in touch

Follow us

Twitter Feed

facebook feed

Important Information

Are you here to play on our SoE server? You MUST read our Guidelines and learn the basics before joining the server. Failure to do so will probably lead to you being kicked and/or banned from our servers. By clicking accept, you are stating that you have read the guidelines. Thank you and enjoy!