Laws updated - pertains to attempted murder of LEO/EMS -- We suggest you read it fully and make sure you understand it.  

Hello,

We have a special charity donation going on right now and you could help!  You can find the donation bar on the home page if you can help with this cause.  

More information and why I am running this donation, can be found here:

https://evolpcgaming.com/announcement/50-about-the-american-heart-association-donation-bar/

J Kelly J Kelly

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

Fire

Chaotic Character Login Issue

Question

I recently came back to SoE because of regained interest, and since it was a while ago I was last here I have forgotten the old Steam username that I was on. 

Getting to the point, I connected to the server with my current Steam username, "Fritz", and set up a password and logged in to create my character. After that I signed in with my email (connected to this SoE website account). This is when my old character (from my previous Steam username login) named "Max Blixt" appeared as the only character on my list, but I could not use it when I pressed the button (It gave me the message saying "Error: not your character".

I did not care much at first about it and proceeded to make a new character instead, and after I was done I was good to go. After logging back in a short while later I noticed, yet again, that "Max Blixt" was the only character to appear. I tried making a new character, and this time, after making the second character, I got the option to choose between my two new characters - but not Max Blixt. 

TLDR: Every time I log in with my new username (Fritz) I am forced to make a new character in order to see my other characters. I cannot ask for normal deletions of these characters as I would need to log in everytime to see the character ID which would force me to make yet another character in order to display the previous ones.

Is there a way that ALL current characters under the Steam username "Fritz" could be cleared? And that my previous "Max Blixt" could be transferred there instead? I am somewhat sure that my old Steam username was "GOOD BOYE" or something similar, but I'm not completely sure.

Edited by Fire

9 answers to this question

If you have a different steam username then you did when you used to play then you have to have one of the PR switch your characters over to the new account. You can still see one or so characters but they are essentially still owned by your old steam name. So basically you just have to wait for one of the PR to see this and look at it for you. :)

7 minutes ago, Derb said:

If you have a different steam username then you did when you used to play then you have to have one of the PR switch your characters over to the new account. You can still see one or so characters but they are essentially still owned by your old steam name. So basically you just have to wait for one of the PR to see this and look at it for you. :)

So in order to get access to a certain character, I have to match my Steam username and e-mail? Meaning having multiple usernames on the same e-mail would create more accounts?

1 minute ago, Fire said:

So in order to get access to a certain character, I have to match my Steam username and e-mail? Meaning having multiple usernames on the same e-mail would create more accounts?

No. When you made and played before as you said were on a different steam username or account. Your characters are tied to that account currently. If you were to switch to that username again then yes you would get your characters. BUT the PR team will switch your characters to your current steam username once they see this. If you have any of your old characters ID's it will probably help speed up the process. 

1 minute ago, Derb said:

No. When you made and played before as you said were on a different steam username or account. Your characters are tied to that account currently. If you were to switch to that username again then yes you would get your characters. BUT the PR team will switch your characters to your current steam username once they see this. If you have any of your old characters ID's it will probably help speed up the process. 

Alright cool! Thanks, I'm still just a bit confused as to why I'm able to see my old character when I'm on my new username login? Is it tied to my actual Steam account or something? Anyhow, I could try to log in to my old character and see if I can get the ID. :)

1 minute ago, Fire said:

Alright cool! Thanks, I'm still just a bit confused as to why I'm able to see my old character when I'm on my new username login? Is it tied to my actual Steam account or something? Anyhow, I could try to log in to my old character and see if I can get the ID. :)

Idk the code but i'd assume it goes off of your steam ID and username together. So if you are on the same account as before you will see the character but its also owned to the old steam username so it doesnt match your current username. But again PR will help you get your character(s) moved over. 

1 minute ago, Derb said:

Idk the code but i'd assume it goes off of your steam ID and username together. So if you are on the same account as before you will see the character but its also owned to the old steam username so it doesnt match your current username. But again PR will help you get your character(s) moved over. 

Alrighty! Thanks a bunch, I'll just chill for a bit then :) 

3 hours ago, Fire said:

Bump, I'd love if this issue could be fixed (::

Go here follow the format giving all the info you can (would be best if you have the character ID but your steam ID should do that job) and they should take care of you. 

On 4/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, Derb said:

BUT the PR team will switch your characters to your current steam username once they see this. If you have any of your old characters ID's it will probably help speed up the process. 

^^^