Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

m1stlongshot12

Currently unable to connect to SOE/TS

Question

As of this morning I am unable to actually connect to the server. I get the obtaining steam ticket message and then a failed handshake. I attempted to re-install my fiveM after clearing my cache didn't work out and still no luck. I am also unable to connect to the TS and I have been entering "ts.evolpcgaming.com" and I am 99% sure that's right. I have also tried restarting my router and PC and still cannot seem to do either of these and I have also tried connecting to other FiveM servers and those worked just fine so for some reason it is literally just SOE.

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hello @m1stlongshot12! I would love to try and help you sort out this problem. It would be much easier for us to do this via forum messages or voice chat just so I can walk you through different options, but no TS access makes that kind of hard! I'm not posting this info as being a guaranteed way to fix things, but these are just a couple tips that came to mind for you to try out. Feel free to message me here on the forums with any questions!!!

First, lets start with TS.

• Though I'm sure you already did it, as always make sure you only have the field that says "Server Nickname or Address" filled out with the ts.evolpcgaming.com. No other fields when connecting to TS should remain empty, excluding your Nickname of course. There is no Server Password to the EvolPCGaming TS.
    1300292537_ScreenShot2018-06-13at10_32_44PM.png.ba0efb9e24e6fd9d15763a9a34b913b6.png

• If that doesn't work, and I can't guarantee this will you can try to increase the Security Level of your identity. First go to the "Tools" tab, then select "Identities."
    2042127167_ScreenShot2018-06-13at10_36_13PM.png.901d8ad5fc677c7b4f66c7e9ca80c8d9.png
    • Select the Default ID and open up the advanced options menu toward the bottom right of the small window that pops up. There you will see Security Level. Mine is set at 26 for some reason, don't ask me why because I haven't the foggiest idea! But try increasing your Security Level, its worth a shot!
      77067598_ScreenShot2018-06-13at10_40_01PM.png.377c6becbe0fb82a3f3a1dae19c45087.png

Next, the issue with connecting to the actual server.

• This is something that I might need more information in order to better help you, but I'll throw out some ideas...
    • If you have any mods at all in your FiveM client, get rid of all of them before trying to connect to SoE. I know there's been compatibility issues with that in the past. If you do have mods, just don't install them right away and try to connect without them. It is possible that one of those mods is clashing with the SoE server.
    • I suppose it never hurts to try and reinstall FiveM again. FiveM is a fickle beast that requires a lot of patience, unfortunately.
    • You can try the "F8 Trick."
      • When you enter FiveM (with Steam running in the background!), press F8 on your keyboard.
      • Type into the console that appears "connect pub1.soe.fun" (with no quotation marks of course).
    • Are there any errors that appear or does FiveM crash at all during this process?
    • Are you sure you're typing in the correct IP address? SoE's IP addresses are pub1.soe.fun/pub2.soe.fun and then the whitelist server, which the IP is given out upon being granted whitelist privileges. I've noticed that they don't always appear in the server list or after you search them, so that's when the F8 trick comes in handy.

I'm sure I'm probably missing important points, but hopefully if I did one of my other PR friends will be able to help!

Edited by ValkyrieSpirit
Formatting

Thank you greatly for the help for some reason it literally just randomly fixed itself though. like one moment I was using the whole F8 connect thing and it wasn't working so I went to do something and came back and randomly for some reason it started working. I really appreciate the help though @ValkyrieSpirit if anything like this happens again I will be sure to be in contact with you in one fashion or another. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• About us

Evol PC Gaming is a PC gaming community, well known for our State of Emergency GTA V RP server.  We are a community of players from all around the world and that also play pretty much whatever game others are down for.  

Advanced Simulation Products is a part of EPCG.  A.S.P. focuses on making game controllers for PC simulation games, specifically for different game genres.  You can customize your box by adding features such as a CB mic, back lighting, button/switch labeling, purchase different labeled faces to swap out for different games. Visit AdvancedSimulationProducts.com for more info.

Get in touch

Follow us

Twitter Feed

facebook feed

Important Information

Are you here to play on our SoE server? You MUST read our Guidelines and learn the basics before joining the server. Failure to do so will probably lead to you being kicked and/or banned from our servers. By clicking accept, you are stating that you have read the guidelines. Thank you and enjoy!