Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

Question

So I have recently come into this problem of having really high ping in server. Causing my action to not come into SoE as much. I get extremely high PING causing lag and DeSync. Can't do my job well. Any ideas on how to fix. My internet is Fiber Optics running 220Mb/s Down and 90Mb/s Up. Any suggestions? 

https://gyazo.com/7946072ee5303b0ef11e4b5de18c31c5

https://gyazo.com/f18aab52680f71aa8edd22fe6171aaf6

19 answers to this question

15 hours ago, DeathsVerdict said:

This problem came out of nowhere too. With no changes to FiveM. I called my ISP and they see no issues with my connection 😡

Your isp clearly lies to you. If you do that speedtest i gave you it does a test against the worlds largest datacenter.

Now, if you have issues running a speed test against that, then obviously you will have issues connect to anything in that datacenter. So yeah, it has nothing to do with fivem, gta, soe, your windows, computer. It is your isp - its that simple

I can confirm that his ping has randomly shot to as high as 600+ at times, usually during the later evening (East US).

At the time, everyone else's ping is normal 30-120 (depending on location relative to the server). DeathsVerdict also told me he''s had no other internet issues.

Hopefully the above information can help in the troubleshooting and resolution of this problem.

Pining 8.8.8.8 is only going to show you your connection to the internet not the jumps your making to see the server sounds like there might be a shit jump somewhere.

Regards,

MrB

Posted (edited)

Pingplotter is like an app.  Easy to use.  Can see the latency and packet loss in between 'hops'.  It's a free download.  I am guessing it would be easier to use than traceroute.

Edited by ppantzz

So I played on different servers. (Sorry) xD It seems to run smooth in those servers. Not sure if something happened between me and the server host that's screwing with my connection to the server... 

I did and came up bad. I also went to other servers with no issue to test it out. I was on today at about 6pm and had steady 50ish ping. Get on 2 and then ping rose after 5 mins. I am confused. Ping is better now that I took the visuals out. But still high. 

5 minutes ago, DeathsVerdict said:

This problem came out of nowhere too. With no changes to FiveM. I called my ISP and they see no issues with my connection 😡

You got the support plebs. They're only going to test the demarc.

You need to get to next-tier support.

@Warjec What did you do with your ISP recently to make them listen to reason?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• About us

Evol PC Gaming is a PC gaming community, well known for our State of Emergency GTA V RP server.  We are a community of players from all around the world and that also play pretty much whatever game others are down for.  

Advanced Simulation Products is a part of EPCG.  A.S.P. focuses on making game controllers for PC simulation games, specifically for different game genres.  You can customize your box by adding features such as a CB mic, back lighting, button/switch labeling, purchase different labeled faces to swap out for different games. Visit AdvancedSimulationProducts.com for more info.

Get in touch

Follow us

Twitter Feed

facebook feed

Important Information

Are you here to play on our SoE server? You MUST read our Guidelines and learn the basics before joining the server. Failure to do so will probably lead to you being kicked and/or banned from our servers. By clicking accept, you are stating that you have read the guidelines. Thank you and enjoy!