Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

Riven

Do mods/admins get rewards for banning?

I've had this strange feeling that mods or admins or anyone who is able to ban gets some kind of reward for banning. Most mods/admins ban you for the most minor thing they can ban you for even if it didn't affect anyone else or yourself in a positive way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 15

2 minutes ago, EgoViking said:

I'm only 4 points away from a trip to Disney!

I havent laughed this hard in quite awhile, and it sucks cuz im sick af atm. Screw you ego ❤️

Glad these guys are not admins...

on a serious note... no admins do not get any rewards for doing bans.

4 minutes ago, Riven said:

Most mods/admins ban you for the most minor thing they can ban you for even if it didn't affect anyone else or yourself in a positive way.

We are a serious RP server and what you think might be minor may actually be major... so my question to you is... do you have any particular examples? If you uncomfortable talking here... feel free to contact me on TS3

4 minutes ago, Sassy said:

I got a £500 Amazon gift card and I can't even ban people 

Just now, lilviper said:

Do I get half off that for helping u?

I want my share as well please, I should also get half for helping on multiple occasions

3 minutes ago, lilviper said:

Do I get half off that for helping u?

1 minute ago, Addylad™ said:

I want my share as well please, I should also get half for helping on multiple occasions

neil patrick harris no GIF by bubly

To try to get this train back on the tracks...

Most of the admin team hate doing bans. It's time-consuming, requires paperwork, and takes someone away from the community. In a perfect world, everyone would follow all the rules and Admins wouldn't be needed for things like bans... I had an Admin tell me once that he hates doing bans. He just simply hates it. But, it's sometimes necessary.

If you were banned, there was a reason behind it. I encourage you to file a Ban Appeal and let the Admin team take a look at your specific case. Each situation is different. :)

Click the first link to get the template and some neato information. Then, click the second link and make a "New Thread".

https://evolpcgaming.com/forums/forum/33-ban-appeals/

I can 100% confirm the above... We never get a reward for a ban and it often pains me to remove somebody from the community, weather it be for a day or forever, due to the paperwork, appeals stuff, and general time it takes to document everything that needs to be documented. 

If you got banned, it was for a reason, weather big or small... What might seem minot might be a major offense, and even minor offenses can lead to a ban, since we're a serious RP server. 

If you feel like you were banned for a stupid reason or banned wrongly, submit an appeal and Sr. admins will take a look at it. (See above). 

Is this click bait? Do people get points for click bait? Cuz you got my points. May need to make them back up by banning you for click baiting ;)

Joking aside.... no we don't and as Inferno stated above if you feel something was unjust, appeal and speak to a PR. It's what they're here for.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Huntington said:

Is this click bait? Do people get points for click bait? Cuz you got my points. May need to make them back up by banning you for click baiting ;)

*smacks Huntington*

Do we get payments? No, my current life position makes it impossible to accept any form of money from any other source then the state at the moment.

I think we all agree that if we could, we wouldn't want to ban anyone, because banning someone is so much more then us doing /ban

To put it into perspective:

1. I am roleplaying and someone is telling me that someone is breaking a lot of rules

2. I activate my admin powers and see someone driving like an idiot through the city at about 150mph for no rp reason at all.

This means two things. A: i have to apologize to my fellow peeps that I have to stop the RP and poof away. I then contact the person, let's say he tells me to "fuck off cause his mom works at IT (© Copyright of @Ryan Huntington). So this leads to a ban. 

It doesn't stop there though, this means to start with, I ban him to just remove him or her out of the server. After that, I start looking through the logs. which is a very nice tool but depending on the case it can take me 10 minutes or hours (complaints generally takes longer because it's way harder, at least for me to look up an event that I wasn't involved in)

After that comes documentation. we document EVERY ban and assign points/ad notes etc. This is so if this person gets unbanned or claim that the ban was unjust I have to make sure my notes are there otherwise I will look like the jackass.

All this can be either 20 minutes or 3 - 6 hours out of my day. I think the worst complaint took me (a total of) about 16 hours, and that was for metagaming. Which ALWAYS takes AGES to research and investigate.

There you go, we don't enjoy banning people. But will we ban you for a minor thing? Yes, it depends on way more values then I am willing to share here.

-Eilytres

As Eilytres said, an incredible amount of research and verification goes on, which takes time and is not fun. We want players to stay, but we also really want them to consider how their actions impact others' experience as well. That's generally what the rules are for, more often than not.

Posted (edited)

Do admins get points for deleting forum posts? Asking for a friend..

Edited by Kilo