Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan90

BCSO Vs LSPD

Question

I have seen a few people say they look for different qualities and do stuff differently so can anyone tell me what is different between the 2 and which qualities they look for? I would ask them but i doubt messaging them will get me anywhere. 

15 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, gamedemented said:

For the most part it's just different jurisdictions, specialties (currently), and cars.

What specialities? I know both LSPD has the City and BCSO has hillbilly land but ive seen posts from both saying about how they both look for different qualities and before i apply to any id like to know because one might suit me more than the other. 

LSPD basically covers everything in the city and some of the highways while BCSO covers the county. They have different S.O.Ps and how they conduct their police work but there is nothing that one can't do that the other can't in terms of specialty. The only real differences is the uniforms, some cars, and jurisdiction and some minor S.O.Ps.

people say there is small differences though and i just want to know examples lol apart from the look, cars, and where they're based.

Like is one more hard nosed than the other? does one expect extra than the other? I see people saying about certain qualitys go better with each one, is that all bull or is there something to it?

16 minutes ago, Dan90 said:

Like is one more hard nosed than the other? does one expect extra than the other? I see people saying about certain qualitys go better with each one, is that all bull or is there something to it?

Really there is nothing more than what I said. Dealing with Officers depends on who you're dealing with and not the Department as LSPD has officers that are more "Hard nosed." just like how BCSO has some as well.

Just now, Maseille said:

Really there is nothing more than what I said. Dealing with Officers depends on who you're dealing with and not the Department as LSPD has officers that are more "Hard nosed." just like how BCSO has some as well.

Lol, ok thanks. Sorry if it seemed dumb but just wanted to know. I see people saying you should carefully pick one of the 2 as if they're completely different and stuff so wanted to know more. 

We have a bunch of different crimes as well in the jurisdiction. LSPD has a lot more activity while BCSO has a lot more area to cover including the drug interdiction, multiple banks, gang areas, and several gangs have committed to the area of the county. BCSO is going in somewhat of a different route than the LSPD with our command staff, We currently have K9 as extra function and plan on expanding. The city currently has a traffic unit besides patrol and I am sure they are planning to expand as well. 

Well, both are run by people who have never had actual law enforcement experience and are only in that position of power because of their staff member status. Neither truly operate like an actual department would; running into a bank with hostages without a care in the world because they don't feel like RPing the situation out safely like a real department would, driving around in swat uniforms in an unmarked vehicle just because they can, you know, fun things that make it more fun for the entire community. One is run by a person who owns one of the most popular spots in town, cause that's totally not a conflict of interest or anything. And nobody will or can say anything about anyone in a position of power in this community because they'll either get verbally assaulted or banned cause the admins of this community can't take criticism. Now, I will say this, the officers and deputies that makes these agencies up are not the issue. They do everything the people in charge of them tell them they need to do. This has nothing to do with them. It's about the people who think that just because they've been a virtual cop, or they've been in a milsim that they know how real law enforcement agencies operates. I challenge anyone who reads this to read up on their civil rights and see how many times an LEO on this server has broken them due to their lack of actual trained leadership. They're power hungry people who think that just because they're admin they can be in a position of power and are untouchable. If I, a REAL police officer, did half of the things I see these "leaders" do on a daily basis, not only would I have my badge taken away from me, I would most likely be bought up on charges. I'm not gonna name names, but there was a deputy that was at an armed bank robbery. They were told that there were hostages, of whom they had proof of life of, and supposedly a sniper acting as overwatch of the entire situation. You know what this corporal's brilliant choice was? Run in the bank and start shooting. He ran in guns blazing, cuffed someone DURING a firefight, and downed the hostage. Now during that, the other deputy/officer was dropped by the sniper. So not only did that deputy get himself and the hostage injured, he was also responsible for a fellow LEO getting injured. So quick recap, two LEOs down, one hostage down, and one suspect down. So it is a perfectly viable possibility that if they were not unjustly handcuffed, they could have gotten away. Backup arrives, and revives everyone, and the person unjustly cuffed was arrested and charged. So this individual, and rightly so, complains about the incident and that deputy is investigated by the BCSO IA dept. Nothing happens to him for about 2 weeks. And 2 weeks later, this corporal is promoted to Sgt. Anyone else think that's screwed up? But I digress. People who don't know anything about law enforcement other than what they've seen on tv, or looked up and memorized from some website, should not be running these agencies. I URGE the local government to do an audit of these agencies. Of course they won't cause they're all buddies. Now, this post will either get removed, I might get warning points, or hell, this might be the last post I make before getting banned. Honestly I don't give two fucks. If these admin can't take criticism and own up to the mistakes they're making, I don't want to be a part of this community anymore. Not that I want to be anyway xD

14 minutes ago, Michael Nolan said:

Well, both are run by people who have never had actual law enforcement experience and are only in that position of power because of their staff member status. Neither truly operate like an actual department would; running into a bank with hostages without a care in the world because they don't feel like RPing the situation out safely like a real department would, driving around in swat uniforms in an unmarked vehicle just because they can, you know, fun things that make it more fun for the entire community. One is run by a person who owns one of the most popular spots in town, cause that's totally not a conflict of interest or anything. And nobody will or can say anything about anyone in a position of power in this community because they'll either get verbally assaulted or banned cause the admins of this community can't take criticism. Now, I will say this, the officers and deputies that makes these agencies up are not the issue. They do everything the people in charge of them tell them they need to do. This has nothing to do with them. It's about the people who think that just because they've been a virtual cop, or they've been in a milsim that they know how real law enforcement agencies operates. I challenge anyone who reads this to read up on their civil rights and see how many times an LEO on this server has broken them due to their lack of actual trained leadership. They're power hungry people who think that just because they're admin they can be in a position of power and are untouchable. If I, a REAL police officer, did half of the things I see these "leaders" do on a daily basis, not only would I have my badge taken away from me, I would most likely be bought up on charges. I'm not gonna name names, but there was a deputy that was at an armed bank robbery. They were told that there were hostages, of whom they had proof of life of, and supposedly a sniper acting as overwatch of the entire situation. You know what this corporal's brilliant choice was? Run in the bank and start shooting. He ran in guns blazing, cuffed someone DURING a firefight, and downed the hostage. Now during that, the other deputy/officer was dropped by the sniper. So not only did that deputy get himself and the hostage injured, he was also responsible for a fellow LEO getting injured. So quick recap, two LEOs down, one hostage down, and one suspect down. So it is a perfectly viable possibility that if they were not unjustly handcuffed, they could have gotten away. Backup arrives, and revives everyone, and the person unjustly cuffed was arrested and charged. So this individual, and rightly so, complains about the incident and that deputy is investigated by the BCSO IA dept. Nothing happens to him for about 2 weeks. And 2 weeks later, this corporal is promoted to Sgt. Anyone else think that's screwed up? But I digress. People who don't know anything about law enforcement other than what they've seen on tv, or looked up and memorized from some website, should not be running these agencies. I URGE the local government to do an audit of these agencies. Of course they won't cause they're all buddies. Now, this post will either get removed, I might get warning points, or hell, this might be the last post I make before getting banned. Honestly I don't give two fucks. If these admin can't take criticism and own up to the mistakes they're making, I don't want to be a part of this community anymore.

Didn't you leave for NVGLife already to run that Sheriff's Department? Also, this isn't really the place to complain about issues like this.

1 hour ago, Michael Nolan said:

Well, both are run by people who have never had actual law enforcement experience and are only in that position of power because of their staff member status. 

This is entertainment. While I may have not been through a police academy I have done several ride-alongs with my local law enforcement, taken criminal justice classes in college, conduct my own research,  and whenever I get the chance to talk with an officer and pick their mind for knowledge I do. Not only have I done these things but I also plan on joining the police academy after I finish my current Active Duty Army contract. So while I do not have police experience I am busy setting myself up for a successful career in law enforcement. I even check in with a few of the Officers I have connections with to review the policies and procedures that are produced for the LSPD to verify that they are realistic. My goal for the LSPD is that it can be a place to learn about Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice for those that may want to become LEOs irl in the future or just expand their knowledge. Now I only recently became Chief of Police again and August is a busy month for me, however I still make sure to spend time weekly to push out new content for the department and have big plans for the department. Also it is entertaining that you think I am Chief of Police because of being staff member. I joined this community 2 years ago as a brand new member and as a recruit to the Los Santos Police Department. I had never been in a previous community with Kelly, PCP, Smitty, Harrison, etc. Through my effort and devotion to the department I rose to the rank of Lieutenant and joined Command Staff of the LSPD (My original goal when I joined SoE was just to become a Sergeant in the LSPD and run traffic unit and not really go any further. Actually, my real goal is that i would casually play on the server every now and then as a civ as I didn't know if I wanted to continue GTA Police RP after recently leaving the LCPDFR communites scene.). There came a point where J Kelly became busy with his A.S.P. Controllers business as well as a few other things he ended up stepping down from Chief of Police and placing me in the position. I can't remember if I got my Admin status at Lieutenant or after I became Chief of Police but that was because I proved to be a trusted and hardworking member of the community that I was granted this status. Not only that but I can say that I am a fair and just person when I go about administration. 

Judging by the fact you aren't apart of BCSO anymore I can only wonder if your complaining comes after being terminated?

The incident he's referring to was a few months ago. The only piece of evidence was a video from POV of the sniper 2 blocks away. The Deputy in question was interviewed by IA and it was determined with the lack of evidence the Deputy was cleared of the charges. 

It's true, I have no IRL police experience, other than being a Police Explorer in high school. I started my RP career in 2009 in a place called Bay City Rpg where upon 3 weeks after graduating the Academy the then owner/Chief of Police promoted myself to SGT.  I stayed with the community for a year or so and ended up leaving and coming back later down the road rising to the rank of Lieutenant. In 2011, I joined a community called Arma 2 life, I rose to the rank of Chief of Police and held the position for a year and the community ended up failing due to rampant Admin abuse. I went back to Bay city under new leadership and stayed there until I left. Around this time Evol Pc gaming was born and a few of the old guard from Bay city stuck around for a few years hanging out and playing games with one another. In 2014 I joined an Arma 3 Milsim which I still am apart of where I've held various positions of leadership, I currently am a First Lieutenant. In 2015 I joined A3L before it became Life Studios and rose through the ranks of the Lake Side Valley Sheriff's Office retiring at the rank of UnderSheriff. I went back to focus on my Milsim. 2016 I went back to A3L: Life Studios after being there a month, the Admins fired the previous Sheriff Command and created an application process to fill those positions. I threw my app in with the rest and out of the 15 who applied. I was selected by the Admins without anyone being interviewed for the position and I was appointed Sheriff. I held the position for two terms until I left the community. While being at A3L the second time I was finally convinced to come over and try out SoE. I was a Patrol Officer with the LSPD eventually rising to the rank of LT with Ricky. @J Kelly was Chief of Police and @Fulltilt503 was Sheriff. Kelly, Fulltilt, PcP, and I resigned our positions and formed the State Police. I was a State Trooper for about 6 months until about May when i interviewed for the position of UnderSheriff by then Sheriff Thomas. I was accepted and 2 days later Thomas resigned and I was appointed the 5th Sheriff of the BCSO.

You couldn't get your way and you left and joined another community and here you are being salty because of it.

https://gyazo.com/eaabc9470c2064f138299b1aa9fadad4

https://gyazo.com/76d7ca90c53403e864333df678706478

https://gyazo.com/df1f25b5c5aff0ab6b759bc101dca654

https://gyazo.com/13f9a16c57afe1b5c3cb46dd67d84771

@Tyler Little and I made a business proposal for the Banner Hotel and it was approved by @J Kelly

Lol didn't expect this, I don't see why they would need to be real Police to run it though, it is a game at the end of the day... Sounds like they have enough experience behind them to be doing this.. Obviously if that situation you said about happened and someone just ran in guns blazing with a hostage or more there it aint ideal but lets not act like real Police dont make mistakes that get people killed, everyone watches the news and reads about it.. After watching videos of loads of different RP communities this has complete different Police to them ones and are clearly a hell of a lot better than any standard RP community.. This topic was not about all that though it was about the difference between the two on this game.