Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pinkerchu

Gaming Laptop Suggestions.

To preface, I have a gaming PC for the highest of demand gamws. This is for travel and when my husband visits while we wait on immigration. This is also for in bed as I'm disabled in a way that demands a lot of rest.

I don't need it to play high demand games. Running the SoE is my priority, anything more is a perk.

I can spend up to 1k Canadian on this, with some wiggle room if the deal is right.  I'm looking for longevity This is all preemptive as I'm hoping to pre shop now for black friday or boxing day and have a few options.

I know very little about gaming laptops. Something modular is ideal so I can swap parts. Suggest away!

I assume you plan to have it plugged in most of the time? As that's how laptops typically function at their highest capacity for games! If so, I will share what laptop I have when I get home, as I believe it was right there at the top of your budget! it works great on SoE but only if it's plugged in while playing!

25 minutes ago, nicktrick92 said:

I assume you plan to have it plugged in most of the time? As that's how laptops typically function at their highest capacity for games! If so, I will share what laptop I have when I get home, as I believe it was right there at the top of your budget! it works great on SoE but only if it's plugged in while playing!

I plan on keeping it plugged in yes :D

9 hours ago, Pinkerchu said:

I have a gaming PC for the highest of demand gamws. This is for travel and when my husband visits while we wait on immigration. This is also for in bed as I'm disabled in a way that demands a lot of rest.

I don't need it to play high demand games. Running the SoE is my priority, anything more is a perk.

I can spend up to 1k Canadian on this, with some wiggle room if the deal is right. 

9 hours ago, Pinkerchu said:

I know very little about gaming laptops. Something modular is ideal so I can swap parts

For the people who listed $1,000 American dollars need to realize she said $1,000 Canadian dollars which are about 0.8 of a dollar which is 801.96 dollars American #Conversionsfuckcanada (use to be dollar for dollar in 2013)

I think the better choice (rather than a laptop) is to get a mini ATX or Slim Factor PC. Most places have monitor/ TVs you can hook up your machine. Bring your favorite keyboard and mouse and call it a day. You could also build yourself one. Ofc there is no battery for the mini ATX like the laptops but that is one less thing you are paying for.  It's also modular which most laptops are not remotely modular other than switching a CPU & RAM.

This Prebuilt one here (It's Slim factor so there can be limitations on parts you can use): https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1VK-0053-000T3

If I get bored & you are interested I'll take my time and plan a layout for you.

I might get hate for this, but to hell with it. I'm not a razer fanboy and I know that this thing is quite pricey, but the Razer Blade Stealth seems to be a great deal. Sure, it's not modular, but it will last you a long time, and run things quite well since it literally has a GTX 1060 built into it. You can find it for about $1,000 (USD) or $1,246 (CAD). I know a guy who has one of these and doesn't regret buying it one bit since he travels quite frequently and likes to game on the go.

It basically looks like a macbook but with windows. 

Image result for razer blade stealth macbook

Hi @Pinkerchu,

Last holiday @Malifex got a gaming laptop. It's an MSI Gaming G series, GE62VR 6RF APACHE PRO

MSI GE62 Apache Pro-650 15.6" Premium Gaming Laptop i7-6700HQ GTX 1060 3G 16GB 1TB Win 10 Full Color Keyboard VR Ready https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFG1YND/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_0Tt0zbWJ4T69C

We bought it during holiday sales, and did comparison research before buying. We wanted to game together, and his old laptop wasn't cutting it. 

This thing can run SOE flawlessly, as well as other heavy load games. It's a sturdy feeling setup, but also much lighter than his old tank of a Toshiba laptop. 

It can run warm if playing heavy load games for a while. I highly recommend a fan/cooler plate that plugs in via USB to increase the longevity of the laptop. 

There are newer series in the line. Some go up to $5k USD. I'm not certain they're worth that price point.

I run a dell 15 7000 gaming with intel quad core and nvidia gtx1050ti  gta5 max settings online without a problem for like 980 

• About us

Evol PC Gaming is a PC gaming community, well known for our State of Emergency GTA V RP server.  We are a community of players from all around the world and that also play pretty much whatever game others are down for.  

Advanced Simulation Products is a part of EPCG.  A.S.P. focuses on making game controllers for PC simulation games, specifically for different game genres.  You can customize your box by adding features such as a CB mic, back lighting, button/switch labeling, purchase different labeled faces to swap out for different games. 

Get in touch

Follow us

Twitter Feed

facebook feed

Important Information

Are you here to play on our SoE server? You MUST read our Guidelines and learn the basics before joining the server. Failure to do so will probably lead to you being kicked and/or banned from our servers. By clicking accept, you are stating that you have read the guidelines. Thank you and enjoy!