Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xAIMx

**Exclusive Interview! Paleto Bay Bank Robbers**

**Weazel News**

We got the exclusive chance to have a chat with the Paleto Bay Bank Robbers going under the name "Syndicate".

David Lane from Weazel News, sat down with "Syndicate" to talk about the Bank Robbery and future plans for the organization.
On Thursday night, the Four (4) members of "Syndicate" got away with an unspecified amount of cash. The Police were quick to show up on the scene, so after the robbery followed an intense chase through the state. During the chase, one officer got hurt by gunshots, but he is in recovery. Even know the chase was wild, they escaped and in their words "Did their thing and went on with their Business"
The four (4) members of the group want to express that shooting and using lethal force is the last resort. They never meant to shoot the officer, but they also wanna make it clear that if provoked or in a situation where it's necessary they will use any means to protect themselves.

Los Santos citizens can rest safe knowing that this group called "Syndicate" does not go around killing or robbing people without cause. But they are not low level and deal high with respect. Give to earn.

The future plans for the group are not official, but they warn us that something big is coming. Currently, they are trying to establish a peaceful connection to the LostMC, and if unable to do so, they will move to a more drastic manner.

They think of themselves as the "Modern Robin Hoods" and if that's the case there is hope for Los Santos because the last we need in the city is another terrorizing group, attacking locals for fun or without purpose.

Note "The individuals in the group do not know each others ID under the mask".
Photo below

Reporting Live for Weazel News, David Lane
Camera Man: Shawn Dinklage

Do you have a story? Call us on 555-33826

Screenshot_4.png

So you willingly spoke with a group of individuals that you know are wanted, failed to call the police, and then made a public news article about it, putting your name right there at the top?

2 hours ago, nicktrick92 said:

So you willingly spoke with a group of individuals that you know are wanted, failed to call the police, and then made a public news article about it, putting your name right there at the top?

2 hours ago, TorchThi3F said:

Weazel News: Aiding and abetting for a good scoop!

We provide the news. For a company it's about generating revenue, this story will get readers hence making money. We don't catch bad guys, that's up to the police force. If we can get a glimpse into the criminal world, we will take the opportunity. Calling the police, in this case, would not lead to anything other than us being dead because we ratted someone out. And furthermore, we did not exchange ID's nor did we see the face of the men. I got a phone text that's all.
We are not aiding and abetting anything, we saw a story that can generate views. Talking to an alleged criminal is not against the law.

This guys or gals or AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter, I dont judge, are the true heroes of San Andreas. Not the boys/girls in blue. David Lane did the right thing by not calling the police and risking not only his life, but the lives of his co-workers. Kudos to you sir. Here is to "Syndicate". Dilly Dilly

Even if we had called the police before or after nothing good could have come out of it.

A. if we called before and probably would have had to distract them to keep them there without suspicion long enough for cops to get there we would more than likely have been killed or become hostages.

B. After, we would not even been able to provide any information in aiding the arrest as they covered their faces and entire body with no details showing. As well it would have made us a good target for them in the future. As well they are only alleged criminals.

-Shawn Dinklage

16 hours ago, xAIMx said:

They think of themselves as the "Modern Robin Hoods" and if that's the case there is hope for Los Santos because the last we need in the city is another terrorizing group, attacking locals for fun or without purpose.

Didn’t Robin Hood steal from the rich to give to the poor? Yet they harass the local Tow company? Robin Hoods my ass.

Sean Konnery - CEO Camel Tow

4 hours ago, MrBossMan said:

Didn’t Robin Hood steal from the rich to give to the poor? Yet they harass the local Tow company? Robin Hoods my ass.

Sean Konnery - CEO Camel Tow

Like it says, it's their own opinion, I'm not judging or stating them as "Robin Hood", I just relay the information I was given. Just for the record, Weazel News does not condone the crimminal activity, but we do report the news on it.

Revoke their journalism license! They're colluding with criminals and acting against the public's interest. They also have many complaints of stalking against our private citizens. Who are the real criminals here?!

3 minutes ago, Kozo said:

Revoke their journalism license! They're colluding with criminals and acting against the public's interest. They also have many complaints of stalking against our private citizens. Who are the real criminals here?!

Please learn the word colluding. We had a interview, we have never done anything criminal, we followed one RV around on public roads, was told off by police and never saw those people again. We also followed one Ambulance around a few blocks in sandy shores but talked to the medic afterwards and told them why, and it was cleared up. We are allowed to drive on public roads same as you. And don't go around throwing allegations about us being criminals, we have never broken any laws and have clean records. Stalking is a hard word but we are not doing anything if the kind driving on public roads, we have never done it and never will.

18 hours ago, xAIMx said:

We had a interview, we have never done anything criminal, we followed one RV around on public roads, was told off by police and never saw those people again.

You literally stalked us from the Los Santos interchange on Senora Freeway to Paleto, then back, through Sandy, to Harmony. You took pictures of us for no reason, you almost rear ended our friend's vehicle numerous times, and seriously scared us. When we tried to lose you, your news van turned around and caught up, breaking numerous traffic laws including speeding, running red lights, and stop signs. 

This is journalism?! This was harassment. We did nothing. We were trying to go on a camping trip, and were obeying all traffic laws.

1 hour ago, Odditeas said:

You literally stalked us from the Los Santos interchange on Senora Freeway to Paleto, then back, through Sandy, to Harmony. You took pictures of us for no reason, you almost rear ended our friend's vehicle numerous times, and seriously scared us. When we tried to lose you, your news van turned around and caught up, breaking numerous traffic laws including speeding, running red lights, and stop signs. 

This is journalism?! This was harassment. We did nothing. We were trying to go on a camping trip, and were obeying all traffic laws.

We also saw you break traffic laws and tried hailing you at one point, stalking is following menacingly with malicious intent, we had no ill intent. We also understand regardless of what people think some will hate us because to get a good story we will be annoying to those sometimes. which is not illegal but it is required to get any news to follow tips and and thing people hint at us. We have no criminal record so as far as i am concerned me and my partners conscious is clean. If you didn't want us trying to talk to you, all you had to do is stop and tell us to stop if need be. Also those pictures were of the freeway and of public property.

45 minutes ago, RCXAFireShot said:

We also saw you break traffic laws and tried hailing you at one point

Not to continue to argue a point, but which traffic laws, and at what time? We have dashcam evidence that says otherwise (OOC: unless you saw a desync issue, that we did not see). We never saw you or heard you try to get our attention. Also, if we broke laws, wouldn't it have been smarter to call the police instead of literally chase us around the county?

I was in the passenger seat as you came up beside us, North of Paleto, and then took the photos. Trying to pass it off as "photos of the freeway" is a poor excuse for lacking journalistic integrity. In fact, every time you pulled beside our vehicles, the photos were happening.

"Annoying at times" is not what happened, and that is on the police report. Stalking. You straight up followed our every move through the county like a bad Paparazzi photographer who was chasing their target. We didn't stop because there have been a number of armed robberies and kidnappings lately. We did not trust that stopping to talk wouldn't have put our lives at risk.

I hope these reports are taken into consideration by the CoC because I do not trust Weazel News in the hands of these men.

23 hours ago, Kozo said:

Ive seen multiple real journalists talk to crime lords. Things happen. They are not required to give out that information its protection of the source (and their own safety)

20 hours ago, mart1nG said:

Ive seen multiple real journalists talk to crime lords. Things happen. They are not required to give out that information its protection of the source (and their own safety)

This ^ What about all the documentaries on netflix where they talk with masked up, voice altered drug lords? I never hear of those directors / cameramen / producers being labeled criminals.

Guest Rubicon Madman

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The press is for the governed not the governors. 

The Constitution guarantees a free press, which can be extrapolated to include all news media - TV, radio, the web, etc. But what do we mean by a free press? What rights does the First Amendment actually guarantee?

Primarily, press freedom means the news media are not subject to censorship by the government. In other words, the government does not have the right to try to control or block certain things from being published by the press.

Another term often used in this context is prior restraint, which means an attempt by the government to prevent the expression of ideas before they are published. Under the First Amendment, prior restraint is clearly unconstitutional. 

Media will always be able to protect their sources. I see this article calling out our current system and officials. Though the newspaper doesn't take a stance on these reckless crimes putting officers and the public in danger, I will say this; It's equally disgusting that members who are State Certified Peace Officers respond to comment as if the news is doing something wrong when they've been doing this for over 100+ years keep public officials in check. 

Clearly, people still don't understand aiding and abetting laws either.  

I would upvote Mattis if I could. 

And on an  OOC standpoint: Im happy that we got Weazel News going again, do we really wanna be asshole police and shit talk them here? lol

26 minutes ago, mart1nG said:

I would upvote Mattis if I could. 

And on an  OOC standpoint: Im happy that we got Weazel News going again, do we really wanna be asshole police and shit talk them here? lol

True, it's actually very cool to have Weazel news (somehow) roll up on the scene of every single crime to take a report. Had one following me to my scene the other day... Also, the photography is 10/10! Would be cool *wink wink* if you allow people to pay you to put advertisements in your weekly (or whenever it is) articles.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:06 PM, nicktrick92 said:

True, it's actually very cool to have Weazel news (somehow) roll up on the scene of every single crime to take a report. Had one following me to my scene the other day... Also, the photography is 10/10! Would be cool *wink wink* if you allow people to pay you to put advertisements in your weekly (or whenever it is) articles.

I agree with nicktrick92. Having a weekly newsletter would be awesome.

• About us

Evol PC Gaming is a PC gaming community, well known for our State of Emergency GTA V RP server.  We are a community of players from all around the world and that also play pretty much whatever game others are down for.  

Advanced Simulation Products is a part of EPCG.  A.S.P. focuses on making game controllers for PC simulation games, specifically for different game genres.  You can customize your box by adding features such as a CB mic, back lighting, button/switch labeling, purchase different labeled faces to swap out for different games. Visit AdvancedSimulationProducts.com for more info.

Get in touch

Follow us

Twitter Feed

facebook feed

Important Information

Are you here to play on our SoE server? You MUST read our Guidelines and learn the basics before joining the server. Failure to do so will probably lead to you being kicked and/or banned from our servers. By clicking accept, you are stating that you have read the guidelines. Thank you and enjoy!