Welcome to Evol PC Gaming!

Welcome to Evol PC Gaming and home of Advanced Simulation Products.  For whichever you are here for, you will need an account to see and post on the forums or to make your purchase.  If you are here to purchase a A.S.P. product, please visit the store here.

If you are here for our State of Emergency mod for GTA V using FiveM, please visit this page for everything you need to know about the mod.  Any information or questions you may have can probably be found in the forums or using the search function in the upper right.  

If you have any questions about SoE, please use the help section of the forums, but search for your answer first.  Thank you and welcome to EPCG! 

MatthewZ

FiveM Lag/Stuttering/Freeze

Question

Hello,

FiveM is unplayable for me, I've tried everything. Everytime I play on a Server, I lag, stutter, and freeze..... It's unplayable for me, and I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but I would appreciate it, if someone could help me. It starts to happen when I drive for a couple of mins or after 2 hours of driving around doing deliveries etc. I only lag/stutter/freeze on FiveM, I don't have any issues on any other games or other applications. I've tried updating my drivers, updating to the latest Windows 10 update and I still lag/stutter/freeze. The type of mods I have for FiveM are the following.

- DLK GTAV FiveM Map Mod (https://dielikekane.wordpress.com/gtav-fivem-map-mods/)

- NaturalVision (https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/naturalvision-photorealistic-gtav)

Here is a image of my FiveM folder:

rbn7Qg4.png

VGIBd8i.png

My Specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700

16 Gb of ram

GFX 1080

Best Regards,

Matthew

Edited by MatthewZ

17 answers to this question

In order to further look into your case we have to ask you to:

remove all edits to gta, this includes natural vision. This sometimes means (out of my own experience) that you're going to have to reinstall both FiveM AND GTA V.

Feel free to post here again if the problem still is consistant afterwards.

Lag, stuttering, and freezing could be a lot of things... drivers, slow Internet (which itself can be caused by various things), too much running on the PC, issues with FiveM, hardware problems, and so on. Diagnosing a FiveM problem is almost like trying to solve Rubik's Cube when you're blind. You have to keep trying various things until you find something that works.

With that said, I usually have to restart FiveM after an hour or so of driving around. I always end up with a lot of lag and rubber banding. Sometimes I see it right after I connect, so I restart FiveM. It's been like this as long as I can remember.  If I'm not spending all that time in a vehicle I usually don't have to restart assuming the first few minutes are fine. I do not use any graphics mods.

How long have you been using your current graphics driver? There have been times in the past when I had to go back to a previous driver due to issues with a current one.

What else are you doing with your PC?  I record everything locally, and if I have the resolution set too high it affects FiveM performance. Are you running anything besides FiveM?  Even a browser with a few dozen tabs can affect performance.

Do you have this problem on all FiveM servers?

What's your Internet speed?

Are you using wifi? Any issues with others sharing the same router?

You said you don't have this issue with other games. Does that include online games where there are several others running around in the same area? How about GTA Online? No lag or freezing there with other players nearby?

Edited by Gassy

Hello @Gassy,

I been using my graphic driver for a long time already, I would say about 3-4 months. I recently updated from 388.71 to 390.77. The types of programs I run besides FiveM are Voicemeeter Banana, Steam, Logitech Gaming Software, Corsair Link Dashboard, Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 11, CCleaner and Corsair Utility Engine. I have tried playing on other FiveM servers and I still have the same issue. It seems like when I play on SOE, I lag more often than any other FiveM server I've tried. When I play SOE, I sometimes lag the first 3 minutes of playing and if I don't lag the first 3 minutes of playing, I usually start lagging after 1 or 2 hours of playing on SOE. I am connected through Ethernet and my Internet speed is very good, I would say. My download speed is 142.60Mbps and my upload speed is 26.29Mbps. I only have these issues on FIveM, I've tried playing on GTA Online and I counter no lag or freezing when there is other players nearby shooting etc... I honestly don't know what the issue could be, to be honest. I hope I can get this resolve soon because this is very bad if I am in the middle of roleplaying and I freeze or lag. I can probably get banned for it.

Best Regards,

Matthew

Edited by MatthewZ

29 minutes ago, MatthewZ said:

When I play SOE, I sometimes lag the first 3 minutes of playing and if I don't lag the first 3 minutes of playing, I usually start lagging after 1 or 2 hours of playing on SOE.

Yep, I know how that goes.

What's taking up the most CPU, GPU, and memory percentage after FiveM when you view the task list?

I've had lag and freezing for over a year but have yet to be banned.  Doing stuff you shouldn't be doing is what will get you banned. The admins are great at going through the logs and figuring out what was lag or a spike vs. someone doing something they shouldn't be doing.  If lag or freezing resulted in bans there'd be a lot more people putting in ban appeals.

5 minutes ago, Gassy said:

Yep, I know how that goes.

What's taking up the most CPU, GPU, and memory percentage after FiveM when you view the task list?

I've had lag and freezing for over a year but have yet to be banned.  Doing stuff you shouldn't be doing is what will get you banned. The admins are great at going through the logs and figuring out what was lag or a spike vs. someone doing something they shouldn't be doing.  If lag or freezing resulted in bans there'd be a lot more people putting in ban appeals.

It's very frustrating dealing with this kind of issues. I'm glad I'm not the only one, I think it's FiveM in general. Here is a image of my task manager and Corsair INK:

wg2r8b2.jpg

Guest TheWildMind

I get the same problem. Full FiveM freeze and I have to restart system as I cannot even access TaskManager. Windows 10, GTX 1070, vanilla GTA V, fully reinstalled 5M too.

This has been happening to me for 1-2 months now, I have no idea how to fix it, what I did! If you ever find out what happened to how to fix it please tell me.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:10 PM, MatthewZ said:

Hello,

FiveM is unplayable for me, I've tried everything. Everytime I play on a Server, I lag, stutter, and freeze..... It's unplayable for me, and I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but I would appreciate it, if someone could help me. It starts to happen when I drive for a couple of mins or after 2 hours of driving around doing deliveries etc. I only lag/stutter/freeze on FiveM, I don't have any issues on any other games or other applications. I've tried updating my drivers, updating to the latest Windows 10 update and I still lag/stutter/freeze. The type of mods I have for FiveM are the following.

- DLK GTAV FiveM Map Mod (https://dielikekane.wordpress.com/gtav-fivem-map-mods/)

- NaturalVision (https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/naturalvision-photorealistic-gtav)

Here is a image of my FiveM folder:

rbn7Qg4.png

VGIBd8i.png

My Specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700

16 Gb of ram

GFX 1080

Best Regards,

Matthew

that version of natural vision is causing you to have vehicles missing. As stated in my forum post about how to instal Natural vision. 

Side note. I just did a thing with my GTX 1080, raise the TARGET temp and power bars to max and raise your fan curve to suit and myself and CFX both noticed FiveM is running at LEAST 20FPS higher with no stuttering pretty much now

1 hour ago, Dwight Shrute said:

that version of natural vision is causing you to have vehicles missing. As stated in my forum post about how to instal Natural vision. 

Side note. I just did a thing with my GTX 1080, raise the TARGET temp and power bars to max and raise your fan curve to suit and myself and CFX both noticed FiveM is running at LEAST 20FPS higher with no stuttering pretty much now

Hey @Dwight Shrute,

May I ask, how did you raise your target temp, and power bars to max?

Guest Mobz

I think its the server you play on they might have added more plugins and stuff because i was going good with 40fps and then a couple of days later id get lag spikes in the city. Ive done a fresh install of windows and the problems still there bearing in mind i get around 60 fps on ultra in storymode but 30-40 on fivem with all the graphics low. My guess is its the RAM thats the problem, i have 8GB DDR3 ram

Guest Helper

Get on a fivem server that is non esx and has as few mods as possible. Turn down or off settings like FFAA, AA, and textures as they are cpu intensive, does it still lag? If so, comment here again with your system info and the fps you are getting and I will try to personally help you fix this. 

I see you say it only lags on FiveM and not on any other games? Does this also include regular GTA5? I had the same problem but I would lag both in the server and in the regular game. How I fixed it is-

1) Make sure you uncheck the FPS limiter in the ingame settings. (This was a MASSIVE fix for me)

2) Allocate a limited amount of CPU cores to the game.

I like to stream and play games, so I upgraded to an i7-7700k CPU. What I do now is whenever I install a new game, I go to the advanced settings and uncheck the first half of the cores so that those cores are mainly focused on running the game. The second half is what I use for streaming. 

I would be interested to see if you got the same strain on the system by jumping into say an regular online GTA game and then post the task manager.